top of page

Rev. Myung Eun Park

Screenshot 2026-06-30 at 8.23.15 PM.png

Rev. Myung Eun Park was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea, where she grew up in a Methodist pastor's family. She studied theology and religious education in Korea before moving to Boston in 2007 to continue her theological education, earning both a Master of Divinity and a Master of Sacred Theology at Boston University School of Theology.

Myung has served congregations in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts and Readfield, Maine. She is also completing a Doctor of Ministry degree at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, focusing on Spiritual Direction.

Myung is passionate about helping the Church become a place where everyone feels welcomed, loved, and inspired to follow Christ through worship, deep listening, compassionate relationships, and meaningful service in the community.

Outside of ministry, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Yumin, and their three cats, Lily, Kong, and Andy.

Our Story

Our History

The Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church was organized March 25, 1930, by the Rev. Francis H. Spear, its first pastor. It began with 34 members, and its first meeting was held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. George W. Morrill. At this meeting, it was decided that the Charter Membership List would remain open until the cornerstone of the church was laid. The church continued to meet at various members' homes as often as possible.

In the fall of 1930, Rev. Spear heard of the disbanding of the Asbury Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church in Providence. He explored the possibility of relocating this church to a site on the Gaspee Plateau, where land was being allocated to denominations looking to locate in the area. The Providence church would accomplish this by appropriating funds for a house of worship, which would then take the name of Asbury.

The groundbreaking ceremony for the new Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church was held on June 25, 1932. The first shovel of dirt was thrown by Rev. Spear in the presence of the church members. The laying of the cornerstone occurred on September 11, 1932. The honor of laying this stone was conferred on the Rev. John W. Hamilton of Washington D.C., a Bishop of the Methodist Episcopal Church. The construction of the building began shortly after.

 

The first service held at the new Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church was on Sunday, February 5, 1933, in the Social Hall. All services were held on that lower floor until the completion of the sanctuary. The first communion Service was held two weeks later on February 19, 1933. Church membership at this time had risen to 138; church school membership was 103.

It took 9 years to raise enough money to finish construction of the sanctuary. The dedication service took place on May 26, 1940. All who took part in the ceremony felt a real glow of pride and sense of achievement.

In 1943, the Sunday School rooms were finished by the Asbury Men's Club. Then, in 1947, the Asbury Church Building was finally complete. At this time, the Rev. Francis Spear Memorial Room was finished. A service of dedication was held on December 21, 1947.

Asbury celebrated its 20th anniversary on March 25, 1950. This was a proud occasion for the church community; church membership stood at 331. In 1976, the church's organ was installed. 

Asbury United
Methodist Church
  • White YouTube Icon
  • White Facebook Icon

(401) 467-5122

asburyumcri@gmail.com

143 Ann Mary Brown Dr,

Warwick, RI 02888

bottom of page